Friday, June 27, 2014

ROTOPOD Persicope light kit




So my buddy Mike asked me to help him with putting this RotoPod Periscope light kit together.  I figure I owe him for the free Syren10 he gave me and he's promised to help my fix up my Radar Eye this weekend at Makers Faire so I figure its a fair trade.  There was both more and less  to putting this together than I originally thought.  I thought there would be more soldering and wiring to do but there wasn't a whole lot.  The actual assembly wasn't too difficult except for the tight work space getting the front red LEDs put in.  The real challenge was squeezing  everything into the periscope itself.  I've done it a couple times now and its just as hard as the first time around, but its done now, even if I do say so myself, it looks great.




So I only have 2 real complaints:

1.  the Center LEDs are a little to right for my tastes, but that can be fixed with a code update.
2.  I don't have one of these kits for my R2.

No comments:

Post a Comment