Tuesday, July 29, 2014

MarcDuino to Teece - Success

So one project I worked on briefly last year was trying to write code to allow the MarcDuino  and Teeces systems to work together.  I hadn't figured out how to use the Serial monitor so I couldn't troubleshoot the issues I ran into effectively and wound up setting the project aside for a while.  Today I was browsing the Astromech forums and luckily decided to re-look at the MarcDuino thread and found that Marc had written the code himself since last I looked at the thread.  I just had to try it out and after setting everything up and loading the new sketch onto the Teeces I found it works very well.  I just need to solder a wire to the RX1 pin on the Arduino Pro Mini board so it can connect to the MarcDuino PC0 pin and then I gotta figure out a mount setup inside the dome.  With this working I'm going to want another MP3 trigger to layer the sounds from both systems.  YAY!

Once I have everything mounted in the dome I'll post pics/video of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment