Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Dome progress and error

Got some work done on the inner dome.  I wound up cutting the top off the inner dome as well as cutting the lower portion open so I can size it properly.  I need to get some bolts for the hinges in the upper portion of the inner dome so that its read to be bonded in. Then I can work more on the lower section.  So my first error turns out to be the fact I cut out all the pie panels on the inner dome including the section where the upper HP is supposed to go which I wasn't supposed to cut out.  I don't think this is going to be a real problem though as I can easily add in a replacement.  Looking at how the HP rings go in I think this might be a blessing in disguise.  We'll see once the new HPs arrive and I can look at how they go together.






No comments:

Post a Comment