Thursday, May 29, 2014

Rocker and MDF ring


So first attempt at the dome MDF ring didn't work out.  In trying to get the out dimensions uniform I made it too small but just a hair.  With the new router table I was able to knock out a new ring in a matter of minutes.  Yay!

The router table let me do a uniform outer dimension and also chamfer (?) the top edge so it fits inside the dome better.  I also cut in grooves to avoid a couple things inside the dome like the PSI holder bracket ( groove shown ) and one HP.

( yup, there in the background is my rocker bearing.)



So I was able to center the holes for rocker bolts to pass through the bottom Rong and MDF by using the little rubber tile placement crosses.  I cut them in half to make little L's and then placed them around between the inside of the  bottom ring and the MDF ring.  This centered the MDF ring nicely so I was just able to drill through them both together.

No comments:

Post a Comment