Monday, August 12, 2013

Teeces udate

I finally broke down and bought a desoldering iron.  After the second failed attempt to replace/fix and LED on FLDs I'd had enough.   With the desoldering iron, replacing the LEDs is a snap and it doesn't burn out the replacements trying to fight it through the old solder.  (Go figure) So now all my Logic LEDs work.  YAY!

Been slowly working on Logic sketch to integrate JawaLite into the Teeces Logics.  The Arduino implementation of C is not perfect.  Tried to make some nested CASE block inside an IF/ELSE statment and Arduino doens't like it.  Not sure why as from what I can find online other people say it should be possible.  For now I've had to write teh sketch to include some duplicate code that the nested CASE statements would have avoided but at least I can now use either Latin or Aurebesh lettering.  I still have to hard code which to use until I figure out the "sending/receiving" of strings from the Marcduino.

On the down side, I am beginning to suspect that George was right when he mentioned that he didn't think the Pro Mini would have enough memory to hold all the code needed for the different Jawalite commands needed.  I may have to upgrade to the Micro as it has double the memory.  We'll just have to see what happens as the code grows.  I'm probably gonna wind up commenting code sections out as I work on other pieces and then put the whole thing together at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment